Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Asher is 26 weeks today! :)


Wow, 26 weeks! Praise God! It has been a journey to get here but I am glad that Asher is still moving, growing and being good.

This week I have experienced some braxton hick contractions. I know this is a totally normal thing so I am not concerned but it is totally different then with baby Nels. With Nels I really didn't feel the contractions much until the second day of labor. With Asher though... he is already starting those practice contractions.

There are two other big differences with this pregnancy as well... one being that I am blowing up like a balloon and the other is Asher's movement.

I know that there is fluid around Asher and that could be accounting for some of the weight difference but I also think that since I have been really careful that I am gaining a bit too much weight. I haven't been lift things or exercising regularly like I did with Nels. I know that it is important for Asher's sake that I take it easy, but enough is enough. I can't gain any more! I am putting myself of gain restriction!!!! My doctor hasn't said anything but I know that it is starting to effect me. I am on target for normal people weight gain... but since I was up a little from the clomid the few cycles before I feel like I need to be in the smaller gain group.

With that in mind I am going to start doing more walks around the neighborhood. I took Honey for a short walk today and will go on another walk with my husband as soon as he gets home or maybe I should wait until after dinner? Plus I have to get ready for the 5k walk we are doing for Fetal hope on the 27th. I don't want to have to waddle in last there. I guess that is my competitive side that would rather be running the race then walking it... but no running allowed! I know that would not be so good at this point.

Some one asked my mom if I was eating enough for two. Oh my, if I ate enough for two I would be twice as big right now. They actually suggest only a 200 calorie difference is needed for pregnant women... not eating twice as much. I have added healthy snacks and I am trying to get better at avoiding my cravings.

Last week at the fair we got a vitamix blender so that we would be able to make our own baby food. So in order to practice that I have begun to make juices, frozen yogurts, and soups with it. I even made some organic strawberry ices cream for my niece. She loved it and it was healthy too! Just frozen strawberries, a cup of low fat milk, a couple squirts of agave nectar and some vanilla. Yummy. That made about 4 serving sizes and was enjoyed by many.... including a little for Asher! Today he got some carrot apple juice for breakfast. The nice thing about the vitamix is that it uses all the fruit and veggie so it retains all the fiber which is great for Asher... and for me too. It does make an extremely thick juice though.

Asher is a mover! I think because he has fluid I can feel him so much more then Nels. He moves a lot. I used to do the kick count thing with Nels and it would take a long time to get up to the required 10... which at the time I thought was supposed to be the daily total... not the total of a 2 hour period. Asher definitely has no kick problems at this point. In fact at times I have counted 10 kicks in as little as 5 minutes. He does sleep at night now though. I read that they can tell the difference between light and dark at 26 weeks. I have noticed that Asher is much more active in the day then at night. He was bouncing off the womb this morning.

It makes me happy when he moves because then I know he is ok. Thank you Lord for the movement! I do have a tendency to poke at Asher during the night when I wake up though if he is not moving. I get concerned about how I am laying and if it is effecting him or not. I do have a special pillow though that is supposed to keep me in the right position for him, but it doesn't always work.

The sunshine just peaked out from behind the clouds and guess what? Asher kicked. I guess there is something to the fact that he can tell the difference between light and dark. That is pretty cool.

The next appointment for Asher isn't until the 22nd. I think I may have to take one of those glucose tolerance tests that day as it will be my 28th week. I am not looking forward to that. With Nels I had to take the long test... because I was low on the carb scale the week I took the test. This time I am going to be prepared hopefully and not have to do the 3 hour test.

Hopefully we will find out more about what way the placenta is going too. I hope that it is going up but I know that if it is not and that it is going down still that they will still be able to get Asher out... just not the natural way. I would prefer natural though... that is for sure! After the next appointment my appointments will be closer together which will be nice. Less stress for me means less stress for Asher.

Lord God, I thank you for getting Asher to 26 weeks. I thank you for each day with him! Lord I pray that you will prepare him and me for his birth sometime in November. Lord I know that you are the author and perfecter of life and that you have Asher in your hands. Lord lead me and guide me so that I may do what is best for Asher and help him grow strong and healthy. Lord help me to feed him what he need nutritionally and help me to keep him safe as he grows inside. Lord I ask that you help me to not gain anymore weight as I feel overly weighed down and yet still help Asher to keep growing. I know that with you all things are possible! Thank you Lord for working in our lives and thank you so much for this blessing of life! In Jesus name, amen!

1 comment:

  1. "He was bouncing off of he womb..." I love it! Praise God for giving you such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete