Friday, April 17, 2009

A new beginning.... what a surprise we got today!


Today My husband and I woke up to a big surprise from God!  A little miracle is on it's way!

Every child is a miracle but after all we have been through trying to have a child in the last almost 15 years now... this is a very special miracle to us!

I guess I should explain a little about why this is such a miracle.

You see... most of the babies we have conceived have ended up being taking to heaven very early.
We lost the most recent one in February after only a few days of pregnancy.  It did not implant right.  Only 3 months before that we lost our son... who was our first really big miracle baby.  He died only one hour after birth from a condition called Posterior Urethral Valves.  It is a condition that happens to 1 in 8000 boys.  Not genetic, thank fully, but they have no cause either so that tends to make us nervous.  Thusly we are praying for a girl right now.

Our little boy's name was Nels!  He was the biggest blessing in our lives and we miss him so much.  He was born and died November 5th 2008.  We thank God so much for the hour that we got to spending loving him, anointing him, and holding him.  It was such a blessing.

I am really tired tonight and just wanted to begin this blog on the day we found out we were going to have a miracle.  So I guess I will have to write more about our journey to this point tomorrow. 

I just want to say that God is so good and really does answer prayers!  He has answered ours in ways we hadn't even hoped for.  Just yesterday we were praying for my period to start so we could begin an new round of fertility treatments... but today... no need for that. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment